By Susanne Sosanya, Marketing Executive at Tryzens
Tryzens are jetting off this weekend to the annual Magento Imagine Conference, taking place in the Wynn hotel, Las Vegas.
This key event in our calendar give us an opportunity to network with our peers, partners, clients and senior executives of Magento and learn more about plans for the next 12 months. There are always some exciting new announcements from the Magento community at Imagine, and we are expecting no different this year.
Paul Green, Business Development Manager, talks us through some of the key highlights.
What’s going on?
We’ve got lots of exciting meetings in the diary and really looking forward to catching up with the key players in the Magento ecosystem. The full agenda has been released and here are some of the highlights of our itinerary:
Sunday 2nd April
We’re attending the Partner Summit, meeting up with our peers and some of our partners who we’re actively working with to help bring more value to our clients through new services and solutions.
Monday 3rd April
After an early networking breakfast to blow away the jet lag, we’ll be attending a number of sessions throughout the day. Here are our key ones not to miss:
- Commerce Conversations – These popular round table sessions allow retailers, partners and developers to discuss current trends and challenges facing the commerce industry
- Higher Sales, Lower Costs, Better Experiences – This session will highlight some of the merchants currently using the Magento Order Management (MCOM) cloud based solution and how it is helping them sell more while reducing operating costs.
- Understanding the Total Cost to Migrate & Implement on Magento – Something we often get asked to analyse for clients is the TCO of the overall solution, so it will be interesting to hear Alex Barbier from Oliver Sweeney discuss their approach to this.
- Sponsor Marketplace – The grand opening (that means free drinks and food…) takes place towards the end of the day and a chance for us to find out which innovative new solutions are being showcased this year
- Opening Night Networking Event – Even more free drinks and food…… sometimes the opening night networking event becomes the opening night and morning of the next day networking event!
Tuesday 4th April
There are 2 keynotes on Tuesday, with master of ceremonies Jamie Clarke returning for another year, no doubt bringing with him his usual energy, enthusiasm and humour.
Serena Williams will likely take the stage for the 2nd keynote of the day. It’s fair to say there are several members of staff in our London office slightly envious of Paul and Kal being able to hear Serena talk about her career and quest to be the best!
Tuesday also contains a wide range of breakout sessions throughout the day, which typically are 30/45 minutes in duration and cover everything from design, implementation, solution architecture, analytics, B2B and more – there really is something for everyone throughout the day in the various rooms throughout the conference venue.
Wednesday 5th April
The conference closes on Wednesday with the final keynote starting at 9.15am. We’re sure it won’t be deemed libelous to suggest that some years have seen a slightly reduced attendance at this one – something to do with the ‘Legendary Evening Event’ the night before. It has also been known for some people to go directly from the ‘Evening Event’ to the keynote (you can normally recognise said people!)
A couple of additional breakout sessions and lunch follow after which we’ll be travelling home again. (NB – If you haven’t been before, you will not go hungry at Imagine, and with the amount of walking you do each day you should find no net gain in your waistline)
Come and see us!
Key team members Paul Green (Business Development Manager) and Kaloyan Yordanov (Chief Delivery Officer) will be at the event, travelling a combined 18,600 miles on their #RoadtoImagine.
Drop us a message, or connect with us on social media and our insomniac marketing team will help connect you. You can tweet Paul @paulgreen316 or email him on email@example.com, or you can look for their faces in the crowd at the networking events!
I’m not attending- How can I get involved?
As we know, lots of our partners and friends in the eCommerce industry will be watching Imagine from afar. To help bridge the gap and get the whole industry involved, our team will be sharing all the news as it happens, directly from the bright lights of Las Vegas.
We’ll be sharing live updates from our Twitter profile. And in the spirit of Imagine, we might just have an announcement of our own- watch this space!
You can keep an eye on our press release page here.