Overview of Tryzens:
Since 2004, Tryzens has been trusted by retail’s biggest names to plan, implement and maintain eCommerce and Retail Solutions that drive business performance, and to develop multichannel retail experiences that customers love. Clients include Jack Wills, Timberland, Joseph, Avenue 32 and Debenhams.
Tryzens mission is to enrich our client’s capability to leverage efficient, effective and reliable retail commerce solutions that carry the promise of a positive and unified experience that in turn aligns channels, delights their customers, builds loyalty and drives growth.
Purpose of role:
The Business System Analyst role will be working with the client stakeholders, internal technical team and related third parties to analyse, design and document technological solutions to meet the business objectives. The business systems analyst will be responsible for representing business in all internal stakeholder project meetings and will be a key member of a professional team delivering technology based solutions to market leading retail companies.
The role covers the full project life cycle from business requirements through to user acceptance testing and implementation of the system/s. The objective for the business analyst is to identify the business requirements and to deliver business requirement specifications that meet the client objectives for the project and support the team through to delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To analyse and understand business needs, their project vision, scope and core objectives
- Lead and participate in workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements
- Assist clients in prioritising requirements into functional areas
- Facilitate work estimation and sizing for requirements
- Prepare plans and agendas for functional design workshops
- Lead workshops with client stakeholders and technical architect to develop detailed and granular functional requirements and/or user stories.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level requirements, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, distinguish symptom from root cause and user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Collaborate with technical teams such as architects, lead developer and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs of each option including non- functional requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with both internal project team members (especially the project manager) and external client stakeholders to analyse, gather, own and deliver the following artefacts when needed:
- Obtain sign-off from client on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Be the liaison between the business and the development team
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage of the testing
- Provide training material and run training sessions for business users when necessary
- Coordinate change requests when needed
- Carry out impact assessment for changes and capture impact on other projects, systems or business areas.
- Performing project management duties when required (i.e. for small CR management and support of project testing phases)
- Manage and own Requirements to understand the requirements change process, and traceability.
- Risk assessment using methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Interface analysis, the understanding of technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Coaching junior BA’s as required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience in successfully leading requirement workshops
- Building relationships with end users, making sure their priorities are understood and benefits realised. Maintain your rapport with all the stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in writing requirements specifications for systems development team Systems. Such as having questioning techniques to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder’s needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to an understanding of the business need rather than what they want. This includes producing the following:
High level business requirements document
Detailed functional design document
Workflow / business process flow diagrams
- A proven track record in Software Development and end to end experience of the project lifecycle
- Candidate must be an exceptionally clear communicator including facilitation, presentation and written skills and must have the ability to be pragmatic and drive strong scope management disciplines.
- Experience of testing the developed solution to ensure it meets requirements and client expectations.
- Should be well efficient in co-coordinating with offshore team and vendors.
- Have exposure to UML (e.g. Use Case Driven Requirements and other diagramming techniques)
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree educated / equivalent
All candidates for all roles must be eligible to work in UK
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org