Overview of BA Role
We’re looking to hire an experienced Business Analyst to join our Melbourne Office. You will be the first BA team member in Australia, following growth in the region, although will be an intrinsic member of the global team.
You’ll be working with the client stakeholders, internal technical team and related third parties to analyze, design and document technological solutions to meet the business objectives. You’ll also be responsible for representing the business in all internal stakeholder project meetings and will be a key member of a professional team.
The role covers the full project lifecycle from the elicitation of business requirements through to user acceptance testing and implementation of the system/s. The objective of the role is to elicit the business requirements and to deliver business requirement specifications that meet the client objectives for the project and support the team through to delivery.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in working autonomously, with limited guidance at times due to time differences.
Since 2004, Tryzens has been trusted by retail’s biggest names as an independent expert to plan, implement and maintain eCommerce systems and to optimise retail performance through systems & services. Clients include TM Lewin, Sweaty Betty, Joseph Joseph and Jack Wills.
Tryzens enable its clients to leverage efficient, effective and reliable retail solutions that carry the promise of a positive and unified experience that in turn delights their customers, builds loyalty and drives growth.
From concept to outcome, Tryzens offer a range of services to enable their clients to Plan, Build, Run and Enhance their ecommerce offering throughout their multi-channel development, whether starting in-store or online.
Key role responsibilities:
- To analyse and understand business needs, their project vision, scope and core objectives
- Lead discovery workshops with stakeholders to define high level business requirements
- Elicit requirements into functional areas and assist clients in prioritising them
- Facilitate work estimation and sizing for requirements
- Prepare plans and agendas for functional design workshops
- Elicit detailed and granular functional requirements and/or user stories.
- Collaborate with technical teams such as architects, lead developer and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs of each option including non-functional requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with both internal project team members (especially the project manager) and external client stakeholders to analyse, gather, own and deliver the following artefacts when needed:
- Functional design specification/Business requirements document
- Workflow / business process flow diagrams
- Data Model/s
- Obtain sign-off from client on the specifications
- Be proactive in ensuring that the development and QA teams understand the requirements by initiating functional clarification sessions where needed.
- Be the liaison between the business and the development team
- Review the test plan and test scripts to ensure quality and coverage of the testing
- Provide training material and run training sessions for business users when necessary
- Coordinate change requests when needed
- Carry out impact assessment for changes and capture impact on other projects, systems or business areas.
- Performing project management duties when required (i.e. for small CR management and support of project testing phases)
- Manage and own Requirements to understand the requirements change process, and traceability.
- Risk assessment using methods to identify risk, probability, impact and how to mitigate those risks.
- Interface analysis, the understanding of technology infrastructure and how it interconnects, including sharing data to achieve a business goal.
- Coaching junior BA’s as required.
Essential Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in successfully leading discovery workshops
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good requirement documenting skills in form of Use cases and user stories
- Understanding of the full eCommerce Life Cycle
- Working knowledge of at least one of ecommerce platforms like Hybris, Demandware, Magento, EpiServer, Websphere Commerce
- Proven track record in Software Development and end to end experience of the project lifecycle
- Experience of testing the developed solution to ensure it meets requirements and client expectations.
- Should be well efficient in co-coordinating with offshore team and vendors.
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and Project.
- Degree Educated or equivilent
Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- Understanding of Web Standards
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies like MS Project/Prince 2
- Technical understanding of multi-tier Java platform architecture
- Basic Project Management Skills to manage small Change requests and projects
- Exposure to the software testing process including the preparation of test plans and execution of test scripts is an advantage.
- Should have worked on any business tools like Visio or similar
- Exposure to issue management and collaborative tools E.g. Jira, Basecamp, Confluence
If you feel this is the perfect job for you, and you have the right to work in Australia without sponsorship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV, covering letter and salary expectations.